Some Past Events with Participation of Dr. Courtois as a Speaker, Panelist, Chair, PC member, Participant or Other
Includes Links Slides or Other Supporting Material
- Talk about Monero at “Have fun and talk Monero”,
- Friday, March 10, 2017, 6:45 PM,
Startupbootcamp, Rainmaking Loft International House 1 Saint Katharine’s Way London E1W 1UN
- Presenting a research paper: Nicolas T. Courtois, Rebekah Mercer: “Stealth Address and Key Management Techniques in Blockchain Systems”; at ICISSP 2017, 19-21 Feb 2017, Porto, Portugal.
Presentation in Room Régue after 15h45 on 19 Feb 2017.
Slides presented: Stealth Address as presented at ICISSP 2017.
- Invited “insight talk” at MyCrypt 2016. Survey presentation title is Algebraic Cryptanalysis: From Plug-and-Pray Experimental Approach to Constructive Optimization. The Pre-proceedings paper title is Two Philosophies For Solving Non-Linear Equations in Algebraic Cryptanalysis, here.
We also recommend reading this paper (work in progress) which was briefly reviewed here.
- PLUG PCC FinTech Series: Blockchain for dummies-meaning behind the buzzword, PLUG Polish Tech Link
Thursday, November 24, 2016 from 6:00 PM to 10:30 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom, here.
Slides on Blockchain revolution which are planned to be presented.
- On 16 Nov I will participate in “Rencontres de l’ARCSI” à l’École du Val-de-Grâce, ” La dépendance numérique”. Free event.
- Talk “An Overview of Blockchain Security”,
Cambridge University Computing and Technology Society (CUCaTS),
Tuesday 08 November 2016, 19:30-20:30, HouseMR3,
Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Wilberforce Road, Cambridge, here.http://talks.cam.ac.uk/talk/index/69000.
- Dr Courtois has given a survey talk about security of blockchains at 2nd International Workshop on Peer 2 Peer Financial Systems, 8-9 September 2016, London UK. Here are slides presented [extended version].
- Dr Courtois has given a 90-minute tutorial on security of blockchains on the second? day of Blockchain: Distributed Ledger and Financial Services, on 14-15 July 2016, London, UK.
- Dr Courtois have spoken at Kassel crypto history conference Euro HCC 2016, cf. pictures, on 5 May 2016.
- Dr Courtois will speak at Paris Blockchain Vision conference on 12 April 2016, cf. slides planned on Open Problems in Security of Blockchains.
- Dr Courtois will speak at Quant Summit Europe on the 12-15 April at Amba Marble Arch.
- Dr Courtois and 5 of his students has attend the Blockchain Tech Lab school in London 11-17 April 2016, cf. here.
- Public conference by Nicolas T. Courtois (University College London) “Enigma, ou comment les mathématiciens ont gagné la guerre de 1939-45”, web / poster /slides. Leçon de Mathématiques et d’Informatique d’Aujourd’hui, Jeudi 02 juin 2016 de 16h à 18h, au Grand Amphi du LaBRI, Bordeaux University, France.
- There was also a public conference on the same topic at Pilsudski Institute in London, 11 june 2016, cf here.
- Learn bitcoin and blockchain in Greece: summer school 30 May -2 June. Dr Courtois and a 9 of his students were present.
- Bitcoin and Blockchain REGULATION leadership forum: 28 Sept 2015 08h30-11h30. See page 13 here.
- Dr Courtois gave a presentation at Blockchain Birmingham event: 18 Sept 2015.
- Last bitcoinfernce in Amsterdam on Saturday 12th – Sunday 13th of September 2015. Dr Courtois have spoken about Security of Private Keys in Bitcoin Blockchain.
- Next Hack coin hackaton in London on 24 July 2015 aimed to catalyze investment into the digital currency startups, plans to award prizes and allows to present ideas and work to investors.
- FinTech and Security Hackaton for UK university students: London 27-29 June 2015.
- UCL event about PhD opportunities in Financial computing, 24 June 2015.
- International Summer School on Information Security (InfoSec 2015) will took place in Bilbao Spain on 6-10 July 2015. A 6 hour series of lectures on ECDSA security and bitcoin by Dr Courtois will took place on 7 July at 17h-19h, 8 July at 15h-17h and 9 July at 12h-14h.
- Panellist at Blockchain Revolution, 2 Day Event in London,Mon-Tue 15-16 JUNE, Millennium Hotel, Mayfair, London, UK.
- Participant and co-autthor of one deliverable developed at a 2-day workshop which took place on 13-14 June 2015 at UCL in a series “Blockchain Workshop” co-organised by UCL, CNRS, SENG, CERSA, Berkman, Cyberport, MIT Media Lab, University of Oxford, LSE, University of Cambridge and hosted at UCL in London.
- Speaker and panellist at Risk Rebooted conference on 10 June 2015, Auditorium 1, Barbican Centre, EC2Y 8DS. At 11h30 “Cybercime” slot and participant at 12h15 panel. Slides to be presented can be found here.
- Survey talk on cryptanalysis of GOST given at Edinburgh, part of workshop on Security of symmetric ciphers in network protocols, May 25, 2015 – May 29, 2015, ICMS, Edinburgh, UK. Here are slides presented.
- Last bicoin code development workshop in London took place on 15 April 2015.
- FinExtra , Future of Money in London on 21-22 April 2015.
- Presentation “Bitcoin, Cryptographer’s Dream” at the Royal Institution 10-14 club, Conference, 9 April 2015, London. Slides presented can be found here.
- Texas Bitcoin Conference, 28-29 March 2015, this conference had an open call for papers. and edited printed proceedings. Dr Courtois was a speaker and his paper is included in the proceedings.
- Texas bitcoin programming Hackaton: $2 Million of dollars in prizes and contracts. Co-located with Texas Bitcoin Conference, 28-29 March 2015.
- UCL ACE Seminars: Dr Nicolas Courtois “Bad randoms, key management and how to steal bitcoins”, 26 February 2015 at 16h-17h, room MPEB1.03, here is a short abstract. Here are some slides: overview bitcoin wallets and combination attacks paper. More slides about bitcoin.
- ICISSP 2015 – 1st International Conference on Information Security, Angers, France, 9-11 February 2014 (Dr Courtois will present here a paper on bitcoin mining and Stratum protocol on Tue 10 Feb 14h in Planck room, slides).
- 30 Jan 2015: P2PFISY2015, International Workshop: P2P Financial Systems 2015, 29-30 January 2015, Frankfurt, Germany. Dr Courtois was a PC member.
- 30 Jan 2015: 2nd Workshop on Bitcoin Research, in association with Financial Crypto 2015, January 30, 2015, Puerto Rico.
- Bitcoin expo 2015: FREE CONFERENCE (places permitting) 24 – 25 January 2015 in London. Dr Courtois will speak on Sunday 25. Here is a video about the whole event.
- Next Amsterdam Bitcoinference, 23 Jan 2015. Presentation by Dr. Courtois (recording).
- 12 Dec 2014: Panel discussion in London on the topic of ‘Bitcoins: The Future of Money’ on December 12 at 6pm. Free registration. Speakers include: Prof Nigel Dodd (LSE) and Izabella Kaminska (Financial Times) Brett Scott (Author and Journalist) and Paul Gilbert (Sussex).
- 8 Dec 2014: Coinscrum & PoW Design : Three Wise Men w/ Peter Todd, Gavin Wood & Vinay Gupta. Monday, December 8, 2014, 6:30 PM, 93 Feet East, 150 Brick Lane, E1 6RU, London. Register.
- 4 Dec 2014: A presentation by Dr. Nicolas Courtois at crypto club, London, 4 December 2014, starting 4 PM.
- Last Inside Bitcoins Paris, 20-21 November 2014. slides presented
- Big Cambridge Bitcoin Networking Event: Monday 24 November 2014 in Cambridge.
- Presentation “Security of ECDSA in Bitcoin” at Birmingham university computer science seminar.
Thursday 06 November 2014, 11:30-12:30, HouseRoom 245, School of Computer Science.
- Bitcoin Digital Currency for Beginners, part of UCL Digifest festival, Monday 10 November 2014, 18h00-19h30, room 1.20, Computer Science MPEB building, UCL, Torrington place, London.
- Catacrypt workshop on CATAstrophic events related to CRYPTography and security, San Francisco, 29 October 2014. Slides presented by Nicolas Courtois are here.
- Presentation: Bitcoin – the good, the bad and the ugly, Cambridge University Cryptographic Currency Society, Tuesday 21 October, 18:15–19:30, Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Wilberforce Road, CB3 0WA Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
- Presentation at Bitcoin 2 Business Congress in Brussels, 16-17 October 2014. Here is the extended version of slides presented, by Dr Courtois.
- Our paper on bitcoin mining at CSS 2014, Lublin, Poland, 22 September 2014. Here are slides presented.
- Last Inside Bitcoins, London 15-16 September 2014. Here are slides presented.
- Last Bitcoinference 2014 3-5 September 2014, Amsterdam Science Park.
Here is the Video from Courtois talk.
- A talk about the Blockchain Speed in NY bitcoin center near Wall Street, 21 July 2014.
- A talk about latest trends in mobile banking in London Thur 10 July.
- Last Financial Times Alphaville Camp Event in London on 2 July (199 GBP).
- Boatcoin Expo = CryptoCoin Conference Cruise on the Thames, Weds 18th June 2014, 9h30am – 4pm, London Technology Week (price=49.99 GBP, click on Enter promotional code, code ‘crypto’ gives you a reduction!).
- A talk aimed at non-specialists Bitcoin and the Future of Money in London on 23 June (tickets are sold 15 GBP).
- Last Crypto Currency Programming Hackaton in London on 28-29 June (free event, 0 GBP).
- Past Discover Bitcoin Event at UCL, 12 March 2014 at 17h00-20h00(10 GBP).
- Past UCL Bitcoin Forum12 March 2014 at 16h30 -18h00 in Roberts G06, UCL, London (free entry).
- Talk “Bitcoin Mining Past Present and Future” at Warsaw Bitcoin Meetup Group, 23 October 2013.